Due to lack of information, 580 people a day still die from colorectal cancer in Europe, that's two MH17 planes a day! The good news is that through education 95% of these cases are preventable.
Do you know the 7 facts about colon cancer?
- A polyp in your intestines can develop into cancer in 8 to 10 years.
- One in 10 people will get colon cancer.
- In 80% it is not hereditary, in 20% heredity plays a role.
- In 10% of the cases, these are young people between 30 and 40.
- A healthy lifestyle can reduce your risk of colon cancer by 25%.
- With a simple mascara test, you can catch it in time.
- If you catch it early enough, colon cancer is curable in 95% of cases.
Watch the TedTalk of Dr. Luc Colemont below. As a gastrointestinal specialist, 7 times a month he has to tell a patient that he has colon cancer. His motto is to prevent the disease through education. From doctor to educator, sharing knowledge can save lives: