For some weeks now we have been testing people very sporadically who have been told by their doctor that they have definitely had corona.
When we test these people for IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, they appear not to have produced antibodies after all.
What could be going on here?
- Are there already people who have been sick at the end of March 2020 and whose antibodies are now already gone, did they get tested too late?
- Are there people who don't make antibodies?
- Are antibodies other than SARS-Cov-2 produced in COVID-19 that we cannot measure?
- Is there another very nasty lung disease that has all the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Are there people who can subdue corona with T-helper cells and CD8 CD4 cells and not even need antibodies to defeat the virus?
In this case, it always concerns people with serious symptoms, but not bad enough to be admitted to hospital. For this reason, these people were not tested with PCR and the virus was never officially confirmed. Especially for these people with residual symptoms, it is very annoying not to be able to officially determine that they have had Corona.
It seems that people without antibodies continue to suffer from residual symptoms for longer.
There is still much uncertainty about future complaints of people who have had the COVID-19 virus, about the course of the disease and possible complications. For this reason, it is of great importance that solutions are developed now for this future group of patients. The Lung Fund calls on people who now or in the future have complaints after recovery from the coronavirus to contact us. This can be done through the form onwww.coronalongplein.nl or by calling 033-4341212.
We would like to hear your story so we can learn more about this mysterious disease. Also tips about studies on this phenomenon are welcome so we can study them.
See also this article in the AD: Philip overcame Corona, but doesn't make antibodies.
CarinRetrieved from 01 Jan 2021
Jacquelineat 13 Jan 2021
westerat 24 Feb 2021
blood testat 25 Feb 2021
Ellenat 25 Feb 2021
Linda 21/05/2021at 21 May 2021
verheyen ritaat Aug 05, 2021